FreeBSD Port: grace-5.1.14_ - clash between hdf and netcdf

Rob nospam at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Mar 15 19:19:37 PST 2004

Stephen Montgomery-Smith wrote:

> I remember having a similar problem with science/vis5d+.  I think that
> there is another port that also loads include and/or library files with
> the same names as the netcdf files.  I don't remember offhand which port
> that was.  I found that a solution was to delete the netcdf port, and
> then reinstall it.

Yes, indeed, very good point.
I found an overlap and apparent clash between hdf and netcdf:

$ pkg_info -W /usr/local/include/netcdf.h
$ pkg_info: both hdf-4.1r5 and netcdf-3.5.0 claim to have installed /usr/local/include/netcdf.h

$ pkg_info -W /usr/local/include/netcdf.inc
$ pkg_info: both hdf-4.1r5 and netcdf-3.5.0 claim to have installed /usr/local/include/netcdf.inc

$ pkg_info -W /usr/local/bin/ncdump
$ pkg_info: both hdf-4.1r5 and netcdf-3.5.0 claim to have installed /usr/local/bin/ncdump

$ pkg_info -W /usr/local/bin/ncgen
$ pkg_info: both hdf-4.1r5 and netcdf-3.5.0 claim to have installed /usr/local/bin/ncgen

Any ideas how to deal with these two conflicting ports?

Regards,
Rob.