FreeBSD Port: expat2-1.95.7

Jun Kuriyama kuriyama at imgsrc.co.jp
Sun Mar 14 19:23:40 PST 2004

At Sun, 14 Mar 2004 19:30:33 -0500,
Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> > I build port packages using portupgrade on 2 machines. The 1st had no
> > problem but the 2nd wouldn't deinstall properly from portupgrade. It
> > did, however, tell you to cd in to .../expat2 and do a make deinstall,
> > and make reinstall. That worked just fine.
> >
> > In addition, you need to portupgrade -R expat to build ports such as
> > gettext and apache that now depend on expat:5.

That's why I bumpted $PORTREVISION for these dependents.

> Actually, you'll need to do portupgrade -rf expat since this affects all
> the ports that depend on exapt2, and not just those with explicit
> dependencies.  This should probably be noted in /usr/ports/UPDATING...

I hope all of ports which depends on expat2 should have explicit
LIB_DEPENDS line, but that's ideal world...  I'm not sure how we
should write to UPDATING, so feel free to add something.

--
Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama at imgsrc.co.jp> // IMG SRC, Inc.
             <kuriyama at FreeBSD.org> // FreeBSD Project