Problems compiling Apache2 under 5.2.1-P1

Ade Lovett ade at FreeBSD.org
Fri Mar 12 17:42:19 PST 2004

On Fri, 2004-03-12 at 05:10, Alex Dupre wrote:
> I suspected it. I don't know why he did this change before committing
> bsd.autotools.mk. Now we have a bunch of broken ports.

Curious, because (a) this was an effective null-op commit and (b)
apache2 still compiles on both the machine with the existing autotools
infrastructure, and on the one with the new bsd.autotools.mk (both
running 5.2-CURRENT).

We most certainly do NOT have "a bunch of broken ports" as a result of
this.  If there are specific examples, then let me know, with FULL logs.

The next "null-op" commit is a traversal of the tree, removing
references to the generic USE_{LIBTOOL,AUTOCONF,AUTOMAKE} and replacing
them with the default USE_<x>_VER values, at which point,
USE_LIBTOOL/USE_AUTOCONF/USE_AUTOMAKE will be put into a de-orbit burn
sequence.

-aDe