kelp with libmap, please

mario mario at schmut.com
Tue Mar 9 16:57:37 PST 2004

hi guys,

i'm running FreeBSD schnaps.schmut.com 4.9-STABLE FreeBSD 4.9-STABLE #3:
Sun Mar  7 22:21:27 GMT 2004

and installed:
linuxpluginwrapper-20040229_2
linux-flashplugin-6.0r79_1
mozilla-1.6_2,2
as well as
acroread-5.08
which i believe supplies
intellinux/nppdf.so
i have my /etc/libmap.conf as suggested
and when starting mozilla i get
[root at schnaps 16:31:33 ~]#No running window found.
LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
/usr/local/lib/linux-flashplugin6/libflashplayer.so [Shared object
"libpthread.so.0" not found]
LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
/usr/local/Acrobat5/Browsers/intellinux/nppdf.so [Shared object
"libc.so.6" not found]

now, i'm not sure, but i'm thinking libmap isn't working for me.
Unfortunately, i don't know how to verify whether it's working, nor have
i been able to find much docs on this other than the occasional
e-mails that didn't really cover my problem.

this is my 3rd attempt to set up a freebsd desktop.
I managed to get redhat working but am tired of all the bugs.

could someone help me out with a pointer to either a libmap howto
or maybe even suggest a good linker crash course so i could be more self
sufficient on this stuff. I'd eventually like to get crossover working too
..... :x  but that's another story.

anyway, any clue sticks would be highly appreciated on this.

thanks in advance

mario;>

- - - - - - - -   House Of Sites   - - - - - - - -
Web Design :: Programming :: Hosting :: Maintenance

Web site: http://www.HouseOfSites.net
Email: mario at HouseOfSites.net
Tel: 415-242-3376

Do you schmut!?