speedy-CGI and Command 'apxs -q CC' failed

Lars Thegler lars at thegler.dk
Tue Mar 9 09:19:59 PST 2004

leafy wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 06:05:29AM -0800, Noah wrote:
>>ERROR: Command 'apxs -q CC' failed.
>
> you need to do "make WITHOUT_APACHE=yes".
> apxs is installed by apache.

If ${LOCALBASE}/sbin/apxs does not exist, then the port Makefile sets
WITHOUT_APACHE=yes. So only in the case where Apache _is_ installed, but
you _don't_ want mod_speedycgi installed, should you set
WITHOUT_APACHE=yes yourself.

So I assume that ${LOCALBASE}/sbin/apxs _does_ exist, but returns some
error. I'm curious as to what 'apxs -q CC' returns when run by hand?

/Lars