calling all audio ports maintainers -- ardour and jack

Amar Takhar verm at drunkmonk.net
Tue Mar 9 08:53:53 PST 2004

On 2004-03-09 03:25 -0500, epilogue at allstream.net wrote:
> hello all,
>
> just dropping a line to see whether anyone is working on porting
> ardour (ardour.org) and jack (jackit.sf.net) over to freebsd?
>
> jack is at version 0.94.  while ardour is at 0.9beta11.2 and looking
> forward to a 1.0 release in the next short while.

Jack compiles fine, just had to twiddle the makefiles a little.

As for ardour, I got it to configure, however:

mountpoint.cc:23:20: mntent.h: No such file or directory
mountpoint.cc:29: error: syntax error before `*' token

This is going to have to remain a "rainy day" port, that's for sure.

I'm not sure what other issues are there but i'll give it a show sometime within
the next couple of weeks, it dosn't look *too* bad at a glance.

All the library dependicies are in ports, so that helps a lot. (excluding jack)

Amar.