invalid WWW: addresses in pkg-descr

Robin Schoonover end at endif.cjb.net
Tue Mar 9 08:37:31 PST 2004

On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 22:11:47 +0100, Pav Lucistnik wrote:
> V po, 08. 03. 2004 v 05:17, Robin Schoonover pí¹e:
> >
> > Ok, I've fixed the problem with it mistakenly identifing the www/zope-*
> > ports as having bad WWW: lines.  Now it tries to use HEAD, and if HEAD
> > fails for -any- reason, it tries GET.  Also I made it partially lie
> > about the user agent it is (it calls itself Mozilla, but with some
> > extra text at the end identifing it as a libwww-perl script, and yada
> > yada).
> >
> > The new, most recent output is at
> > http://endif.cjb.net/~end/ports-www-err.txt
> >
> > (Comments as always, are appreciated.)
>
> Really interesting, and surprising how big list is it. If you only could
> break it by port maintainers... it would be perfect :)

Break it up by port maintainer?  No problem. The 'Sorted by Maintainer'
output is at http://endif.cjb.net/~end/ports-www-err-sorted.txt

The first part was also reran (to fix a small bug for ports that include
(in japanese) type stuff in the WWW: line) which is still at
http://endif.cjb.net/~end/ports-www-err.txt

--
Robin Schoonover (aka End)
# A computer scientist is someone who, when told to "Go to Hell," sees
#             -- Dr. Roger M. Firestone, rfire at cais.cais.com