[Fwd: libXext Problems when upgrading ports]

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Tue Mar 9 07:29:54 PST 2004

Michael Dunham wrote:
> Kris Kennaway wrote:
[ ... ]
>>> ===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
>>> Please report the problem to avleeuwen at piwebs.com [maintainer]
>>> and attach the
>>> "/home/ports/graphics/digikam/work/digikam-0.6/config.log"
>>> including the
>>> output of the failure of your make command. Also, it might
>>> be a good idea to
>>> provide an overview of all packages installed on your system
>>> (e.g. an `ls /var/db/pkg`).
>>> *** Error code 1
[ ... ]
> I'm looking for a suggestion for what I should do to solve the whole
> problem if anyone has encountered something similar.

We'd like to help you, but we need more information about the problem.

The error message (quoted as ">>> " above) asks that you attach the config.log
file and provide us with a list of the installed packages on your machine.  If
you don't do that, it's unlikely that anyone else but you is going to be able
to figure out what's going on....

--
-Chuck

PS: If you did that already and we missed it, my apologies.