Flash plugin not working with Firefox

Paul Murphy pnmurphy at cogeco.ca
Mon Mar 8 22:51:33 PST 2004

 I have installed linuxpluginwrapper and
linux-flashplugin from ports.
 I have modified /etc/libmap.conf as recommended.

 When running Firefox I get the following error:

firefox-bin: Fatal IO error 78 (Function not implemented) on X server
:0.0.

 By selectively commenting out lines in libmap.conf I have found the
culprit to be the line "libc.so.6  pluginwrapper/flash6.so", but I don't
know where to go from here.

 I have "portupgrade -fR" all the offending ports to no effect.

 Version info:
FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE
linux_base-7.1_7
linuxpluginwrapper-20040208_1
linux-flashplugin-6.0r79_1
XFree86-Server-4.3.0_14
XFree86-libraries-4.3.0_6
kde-3.2.0

 /etc/libmap.conf:
# Flash6 with Mozilla/Firebird/Galeon/Epiphany
[/usr/local/lib/linux-flashplugin6/libflashplayer.so]
libpthread.so.0                 liblthread.so.3
libdl.so.2                      pluginwrapper/flash6.so
libz.so.1                       libz.so.2
libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3        liblstdc++.so.4
libm.so.6                       libm.so.2
libc.so.6                       pluginwrapper/flash6.so

--
Cogeco ergo sum