XFree86-4.4 | -snap

Palle Girgensohn girgen at pingpong.net
Mon Mar 8 06:18:47 PST 2004

Hi,

Any idea how far away in time XFree86 4.4 in the ports tree is? I just got
a Radeon 9600 video card, and need 4.4 to get it working properly.

As a work-around, I tried installing XFree86-4-Server-snap, 4.3.99.x.x, but
it fails to start with the following message:

_XSERVTransSocketOpenCOTSServer: Unable to open socket for inet6
_XSERVTransOpen: transport open failed for inet6/hostname:0
_XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: failed to open listener for inet6

I don't have IPv6 in my kernel, I guess I need it, right? INET6...

/Palle