Is 'make index' broken? Suggestions?

Richard Dawes rdawes at epstais.com
Thu Mar 4 16:34:57 PST 2004

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 03:18:13PM -0800, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> Hmm, it's possible that port is doing something jail-unfriendly.
> e.g. one of these commands could be the cause of the error:
>
> SIZE!=          /bin/df -k . | ${TAIL} -n 1 | ${AWK} '{print $$4}'
> LINPROCFS!=     /sbin/mount | /usr/bin/grep ^linprocfs | ${AWK} '{print $1}'
> PROCFS!=        /sbin/mount | /usr/bin/grep ^procfs | ${AWK} '{print $1}'
>
> Do you have a full FreeBSD install in your jail, or are some of the
> above binaries missing?
>
> Kris

Oh...  Good catch!  Actually, I have those commands, but I do
happen to know that there's an outstanding issue with our server
provider -- after our partition was "resized" -- with the effect
that our df wrapper doesn't list any numbers because the mount
point is different from the original setup, at least for the
moment... I hadn't been pushing them to fix that since everything
runs fine so far otherwise.

OK, I'll pursue that angle and we'll see where it goes... I
expect that will do the trick once fixed.

Thanks so much for your help looking at that, Kris!  I know it
was a waste of your time, not being ports-related -- I should
have looked at the staroffice52 Makefile.  Then I would have
noticed the use of df -- I'd like to think. :)

Cheers!

-Rich

--

Richard Dawes