XFree86 4.4.0

Freddie Cash fcash-ml at sd73.bc.ca
Wed Mar 3 17:41:29 PST 2004

> Coincidentely, these days I browsed through the Mandrake Linux
> webpages. The beta release of 10.0 had 4.4, but for some reason they
> reverted to 4.3 for the rc1. I couldn't find out what problems they had
> with 4.4, but it made me suspicious about the stability of 4.4. Wonder
> what others have to say to this.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the software itself, and
stupid, knee-jerk reactions to a license change made by the XFree86
people.  The license change doesn't really affect how the software
works, yet several groups have decided that the change makes life
difficult for them, and have refused to include 4.4 in their distros.

Reading through the commentary on Slashdot, OSNews, the XFree86
mailing lists, and so on, it seems everybody is overreacting, and that
the license change doesn't actually change anything.

But, what do I know, I'm just a lowly user.  :)  If all these other
people have problems with it, then there obviously must be something
wrong.  <Note: sarcastic comment>

--
Freddie Cash
fcash-ml at sd73.bc.ca