mail/qmail-ldap

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Tue Mar 2 23:01:26 PST 2004

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 07:51:43PM -0600, Mauricio Araya V. wrote:

> I am writing to the list 'cause i already wrote to the maintainer but i
> didn't get any answer yet!

I suspect that the maintainer is simply extremely busy -- patience please.

> As i see qmail-ldap depends on openldap 2.0, which is deprecated and
> will be removed (from the ports collection) on 2004-05-01, as i see from
> net/openldap20-client; so, what is gonna happen with this, is there any
> plans to  release a newer version of the port (qmail-ldap) with support
> for a newer ldap version?, what can you recommend me? It is important
> for me to know abou it because there are some other service that will
> depend on the openldap version that i'd use.

Yes: that port hasn't been updated to use the latest 'USE_OPENLDAP'
machinery from bsd.ports.mk, and probably a few other features too.
If you think you're up to it, I'm sure the maintainer would appreciate
recieving some patches from you.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way