openldap2[12]-server dumping core with a fresh compile on Current.

edwinculp edwinculp at Prodigy.net.mx
Mon Mar 1 07:15:57 PST 2004

> For some odd reason, if I add
>
> CFLAGS+=-pthread
>
> to my /etc/make.conf (or just add -pthread if you already
> have a CFLAGS line) and recompile openldap22-server from
> the ports, I pass every test and I have been running the
> ldap server for days now using nss_ldap and samba without
> a hitch.  Give it a try, just remember to remove the
> pthread line after installing.

Matt,

I followed your instructions and have now been running
openldap22-server without problems.  THANK YOU!

> The only difference I see with the binaries is that doing
> an ldd on the sig11 one has the pthread library linked
> _after_ the libc library, but on the working one, pthread
> is linked _before_ libc.  That might be part of the
> problem, but I am no programmer.

Nor am I, but I'm copying the ports list in hopes that
someone will know what the proper fix is and apply it.

Thanks again,

ed