FreeBSD Port: gnuplot-4.0.0

jamalpuri kishore jp_kishore at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 27 23:47:22 PDT 2004

hello sir,
             i am doing a project "Network Traffict monitoring " on C in linux environment.
            as part in my project i have to plot XY-line graph the co-ordinates come from linked list.
            i decided to use GNUPLOT-4.0.0
           i am new to linux.i am using linux(redhat 9.0,fedora)

           i dont know how to install gnuplot-4.0.0?

           i would very happy if u help me in this process.

          i read README but i didn't get any information regarding installation.

          i don't know what "make","configure" do in this?

         TELL me a step by step process to install GNUPLOT 4.0.0 and how to execute one simple program?

            thanks inadvance.
                                                                    urs faithfully
                                                                      kishore