PDFlib upgrade in FreeBSD ports tee

LarsKöller lars at koellers.net
Sun Jun 27 12:42:51 PDT 2004

--------

Hi,

I'm maintaining the grace port (/usr/ports/math/grace) on FreeBSD, and
notice that your update breaks the build of grace.

There seems to be an undocumented change:

  PDF_open_fp

used in grace isn't available anymore. I didn't find anything about in
the pdflib documentation. Dou you have any idea, what to use in case of
that library call? Here is the source excerpt from pdfdrv.c:

    /* undefine all graphics state parameters */
    pdf_color = -1;
    pdf_pattern = -1;
    pdf_linew = -1.0;
    pdf_lines = -1;
    pdf_linecap = -1;
    pdf_linejoin = -1;

    phandle = PDF_new2(pdf_error_handler, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL);
    if (phandle == NULL) {
        return RETURN_FAILURE;
    }

    if (pdf_setup_pdf1_3 == TRUE) {
        s = "1.3";
    } else {
        s = "1.2";
    }
    PDF_set_parameter(phandle, "compatibility", s);

    if (PDF_open_fp(phandle, prstream) == -1) {
        return RETURN_FAILURE;
    }

    PDF_set_value(phandle, "compress", (float) pdf_setup_compression);

    PDF_set_info(phandle, "Creator", bi_version_string());
    PDF_set_info(phandle, "Author", get_username());
    PDF_set_info(phandle, "Title", get_docname());

    pdf_font_ids = xmalloc(number_of_fonts()*SIZEOF_INT);
    for (i = 0; i < number_of_fonts(); i++) {
        pdf_font_ids[i] = -1;
    }

Many thanks and best regards

Lars