Is someone working on upgrading mail/dspam to version 3.0.0?

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at apropo.ro
Fri Jun 25 13:20:21 PDT 2004

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 21:51:35 +0200 (CEST)
"Julien Gabel" <jpeg at thilelli.net> wrote:

> >> When your "new" mail/dspam-devel port version will be available, i will
> >> try it and report ; especially the CGI part since i am using it.
>
> > I'll send-pr today, as I'll be off-line for a few days. But I will
> > disable CGI until is working properly.
>
> Ok. Just to be more accurate than i was on a previous email, when you
> eventually enable the CGI part, don't forget to move the entire 'cgi'
> directory from the source tarball (i had to modify the location of some
> image source since the cgi seems not to "see" them locally).

Yes, thanks you.

> >> At the begining, i just put 'root', 'postfix' and 'cgiower' for the CGI
> >> interface to be fonctional. But, and i don't know why at this time, it
> >> seems really not possible to use _correctly_ the "trusted users"
> >> mecanism. As soon as i did not put the username(s) in this file, if
> >> someone send me an email, it get a *Undelivered Mail Returned to
> >> Sender*, as follow:
> >>   Command died with
> >>     status 1: "/usr/local/bin/dspam --mode=teft --deliver=innocent
> >>     --feature=chained,noise --user $USER -d %u". Command output:
> >>     30096: [Fri Jun 25 20:07:23 2004] An untrusted user may not set
> >>    the runtime target users
> >> So if not putting the username work for you, i am very interested in
> >> checking check our both configuration...

mailbox_command = /var/tmp/dspam3/bin/dspam --mode=teft --deliver=innocent,spam --feature=chained,noise

 # cat /var/tmp/dspam3/etc/dspam/untrusted.mailer_args
/usr/libexec/mail.local -B -s %u

 # cat /var/tmp/dspam3/etc/dspam/trusted.users
root
postfix

 # ll -o /var/tmp/dspam3/bin/dspam
-r-s--x--x  1 root  mail  - 92712 Jun 24 19:48 /var/tmp/dspam3/bin/dspam

Please drop  --user $USER -d %u" and check the suid bit. Thanks.

--
IOnut
Unregistered ;) FreeBSD "user"