Is someone working on upgrading mail/dspam to version 3.0.0?

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at apropo.ro
Fri Jun 25 12:13:57 PDT 2004

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 20:29:32 +0200 (CEST)
"Julien Gabel" <jpeg at thilelli.net> wrote:

> >> Ok. I tested it for some days now, and it seems to be reasonably stable

 [ ... ]

> >> Although i will use the CGI, i did not enable it here since it just
> >> want to install apache which is already installed on my system
> >> (apache2).
>
> > I will test / modify the port to depend on what apache is installed and
> > pull in apache 1.x otherwise. This cgi part needs more testing anyway;
> > I'll try to find some time for it, as I don't use it.
>
> When your "new" mail/dspam-devel port version will be available, i will
> try it and report ; especially the CGI part since i am using it.

I'll send-pr today, as I'll be off-line for a few days. But I will
disable CGI until is working properly.

> >> An other point: i create a /usr/local/etc/dspam/untrusted.mailer_args
> >> with "/usr/local/bin/procmail -d $u", but since it seems there is a
> >> problem with rights - in order to be able to use it correctly - i need
> >> to:
> >>  - add each username in /usr/local/etc/dspam/trusted.users;
>
> > Don't. This way you deny the logic of trusted users. root and postfix
> > should be enough.
>
> At the begining, i just put 'root', 'postfix' and 'cgiower' for the CGI
> interface to be fonctional. But, and i don't know why at this time, it
> seems really not possible to use _correctly_ the "trusted users"
> mecanism. As soon as i did not put the username(s) in this file, if
> someone send me an email, it get a *Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender*,
> as follow:
>   Command died with
>     status 1: "/usr/local/bin/dspam --mode=teft --deliver=innocent
>     --feature=chained,noise --user $USER -d %u". Command output:
>     30096: [Fri Jun 25 20:07:23 2004] An untrusted user may not set
>    the runtime target users
>
> So if not putting the username work for you, i am very interested in
> checking check our both configuration...

mailbox_command = /var/tmp/dspam3/bin/dspam --mode=teft --deliver=innocent,spam --feature=chained,noise

Yuu can aventually add -d %u, but it will work with it.

> Don't hesitate to contact me in order to test your futur work, i will
> be happy to give it a try (and not just... a try :).

Thanks.

--
IOnut
Unregistered ;) FreeBSD "user"