Is someone working on upgrading mail/dspam to version 3.0.0?

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at apropo.ro
Fri Jun 25 05:17:35 PDT 2004

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 21:39:03 +0200 (CEST)
"Julien Gabel" <jpeg at thilelli.net> wrote:

> > On -CURRENT I didn't have any problems both with mysql and postfix and
> > portlint doesn't complain vary hard either; so I think you should be
> > able to use it. Just pay attention to the README as the command line
> > options have changed. The dspam port maintainer  Rob Evers will update
> > the dspam port in a few days (he is busier that I am these days, AFAIR).
>
> Ok. I tested it for some days now, and it seems to be reasonably stable
> for me. I did not have some patch for the proposed mail/dspam-devel port,
> but here is what i noted in order to use it on my SMTP server (running
> postfix).

Many thanks; I have now a new version, with SQLite back-end in it.

> 1/
> # cd /usr/ports/mail/dspam-devel
> # make showconfig
> ===> The following configuration options are set for dspam-devel-3.0.0:
> [...]
>      CGI=off "Install CGI (pulls in apache)"
> Although i will use the CGI, i did not enable it here since it just
> want to install apache which is already installed on my system (apache2).

I will test / modify the port to depend on what apache is installed and
pull in apache 1.x otherwise. This cgi part needs more testing anyway;
I'll try to find some time for it, as I don't use it.

> 2/
> An other point: i create a /usr/local/etc/dspam/untrusted.mailer_args
> with "/usr/local/bin/procmail -d $u", but since it seems there is a
> problem with rights - in order to be able to use it correctly - i need
> to:
>  - add each username in /usr/local/etc/dspam/trusted.users;

Don't. This way you deny the logic of trusted users. root and postfix
should be enough.

>  - make /usr/local/bin/dspam executable for others.
> I don't know if these rights concerns are "port" related or "FreeBSD"
> specific.

Both + Postfix (since postfix maillbox_command drops privileges to the
destination user).

Now the port will install with 4511 by default.

> 3/
> I installed the following packages to be able to graph the statistics:
>  # portinstall -rR p5-GD p5-GD-Graph3d p5-GD-TextUtil
> Maybe a good point to add as dependencies for the CGI flag?...

Thanks, I don't use CGI at all and didn't have just didn't have the time
to check.

> 4/
> For users's CGI graphs, the USER_LOGGING flag is needed, but there is
> a little mistake:

 [ ... ]

Uh...  thanks for catching this.

> That's all for the moment. You can contact email me for any question
> or remark. And thanks for your help porting this great tool :)
>
> --
> -jpeg.
> PS : I noted that there is a PR for this port under ports/68154, but the
> content of the present email as nothing to do with it.

Yes, I know it; the only thing that I'll add from there is in the
dspam/files/patch-Makefile.in
-pkgconfigdir = $(libdir)/pkgconfig
+pkgconfigdir = $(prefix)/libdata/pkgconfig

--
IOnut
Unregistered ;) FreeBSD "user"