RFC: updating devel/libgnugetopt

Marius Strobl marius at alchemy.franken.de
Thu Jun 24 12:09:13 PDT 2004

On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 11:23:32AM -0300, Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 	I did a simple update of the libgnugetopt
> using the latest gcc contrib code from the -STABLE branch.
>
> 	I haven't thoroughly tested it so I am not
> daring a commit just yet.
>
> 	I would like to request comments on this update.
> Perhaps, this fixes several issues we have been having with
> libgnugetopt.

These aren't really the latest versions of these files and it looks
like this version of getopt.h won't fix the problems with g++ 3.x.
You can grab the latest versions easily from the GCC cvsweb at:
http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/gcc/gcc/libiberty/
and
http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/gcc/gcc/include/

Btw., since __FreeBSD_version 502104 the libgnugetopt port is no
longer required (as getopt_long_only() was added to the FreeBSD
libc, too). So bsd.port.mk should grow an USE_GETOPT_LONG_ONLY
(similar to the existing USE_GETOPT_LONG) and devel/libgnugetopt
marked IGNORE accordingly afterwards (this involves fixing the
handful of ports that directly depend on devel/libgnugetopt).