what to do when MASTER_SITE_SUBDIR differs?

Mike Brown mike at skew.org
Tue Jun 22 04:27:48 PDT 2004

Roman Neuhauser wrote:
>     no, and it woudn't be needed either. this will do what you want:
>
> MASTER_SITES=	ftp://ftp.4suite.org/pub/4Suite/ \
> 		${MASTER_SITE_SOURCEFORGE}
> MASTER_SITE_SUBDIR=	foursuite

Ah, I assumed MASTER_SITE_SUBDIR applied to all MASTER_SITES.

So, each MASTER_SITE would have to explicitly reference, uh, %SUBDIR%
(according to Example 5-4), or is it %MASTER_SITE_SUBDIR%, in order
to pick up the subdir, right?

Oliver Eikemeier wrote:
> ... or use the :n notation:
> <http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/makefile-distfiles.html#PORTS-MASTER-SITES-N-EXAMPLE-DETAILED-USE-MASTER-SITE-SUBDIR>

And here I thought I was being good by R-ing TFM. I asked the question as soon
as I got past section 5.4.2 ("MASTER_SITES"), thinking that was the last I was
going to read on that subject. Scroll down a bit and there's 5.4.7 with the
lowdown.

Thanks all, I do appreciate it. I have other questions tha aren't covered by
the handbook but I'll wait to ask until I'm more certain that I know what I'm
talking about.