Request for Port of the Month summaries

Christopher Nehren apeiron at comcast.net
Mon Jun 21 11:50:16 PDT 2004

A while ago, a few people discussed an interesting concept, something
similar to the Debian popularity contest. This project would document
ports that users felt were invaluable, so that other users could learn
about them and benefit from them as well. No one did anything about it,
though. A gentle nudge from Kris Kennaway later, and the project has
been revitalized.

Thus, I will be taking suggestions for ports and writeups at this
address <apeiron at comcast.net>. Please include the string [PotM] (case
doesn't matter) in the subject so that I can more easily organize the
emails. We don't need a handbook on the port; just a few paragraphs is
fine. Please send the summaries and other information in the body of the
email, though MIME-compatible attachments if necessary are okay.

Aside from taking port summaries, anyone wishing to help with the
project can email myself and possibly Ion-Mihai Tetcu
<itetcu at apropo.ro>. If emailing me, please include [PotM] in the subject
as above.

Other comments welcome; please CC ports@ if deemed necessary.

Thanks in advance for everyone's assistance.

pejorative meaning "stupid and unsophisticated".  -- Ken Thompson
-