binary port: how to deal with 4.x vs 5.x?

Fernan Aguero fernan at iib.unsam.edu.ar
Mon Jun 14 21:22:20 GMT 2004

Hi!

I have an almost complete port of WU BLAST
(http://blast.wustl.edu), which is only distributed as
pre-compiled binaries.

Warren Gish has produced binaries for both freebsd-4.x and
5.x. Currently my port only installs the one for 4.x

Is it possible to use the same port Makefile and set two
different DISTNAMEs based on the OS version?

The contents of the two files are similar, they're just
linked against different libraries (libc_r is one if I
remember correctly).

I have already tried something along the lines of:

.if __FreeBSD_version < 500000
DISTNAME= xxxx
.else
DISTNAME= yyyy