WRKDIRPREFIX and make search

Jeremie Le Hen jeremie.le-hen at epita.fr
Thu Jun 10 15:59:19 GMT 2004

Hi,

when I shared my ports tree using NFS among all my FreeBSD boxes (and
thus set WRKDIRPREFIX in make.conf(5) to avoid conflicts while
upgrading) I noticed that "make search" didn't work any longer (it
doesn't find anything).

I started to debug Mk/bsd.port.subdir.mk and I discovered that the
working directory seems to be $WRKDIRPREFIX/$PORTSDIR and thus
$here variable contains $WRKDIRPREFIX/$PORTSDIR ("/usr/obj/usr/ports"
in my case).  Since it greps for this path in the INDEX file, nothing
is found.

Is it a bug or a feature ?  In the later case, what am I missing ?

Please, cc me is your reply, I am not subscribed to this list.

Regards,
--
Jeremie LE HEN aka TtZ/TataZ                          jeremie.le-hen at epita.fr
                                                                 ttz at epita.fr