FreeBSD Port: perl5.8-5.8.4

Andrew J Caines A.J.Caines at halplant.com
Tue Jun 8 22:11:46 GMT 2004

Walter Venable observed...
> There's a problem with the version of perl that recently went into the
> ports.  I'm no perl guru so I can only speak of how it affects me.  Running
> perl 5.8.4 from ports, AWStats pages do not load more than a few lines

I've updated my copy of the port to AWStats 6.1, changing nothing more
than the minimum neccessary. I've created a patch[1] and tarball[2].

Note comment in CVS[3]. Caveat emptor, etc. It works for me[4] with 5.8.4.

# pkg_info -I perl-* awstats-*
awstats-6.1         Free real-time logfile analyzer to get advanced web statist
perl-5.8.4          Practical Extraction and Report Language
# /usr/bin/perl -v | egrep '^This is perl'
This is perl, v5.8.4 built for i386-freebsd-64int

[1] http://halplant.com:88/software/FreeBSD/ports/awstats-6.1.patch
[2] http://halplant.com:88/software/FreeBSD/ports/awstats-6.1.tar.bz2
[3] http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/www/awstats/Makefile
[4] http://halplant.com:88/awstats/