RFC: [Long] Change PTHREAD_LIBS to -pthread for -CURRENT

John Birrell jb at cimlogic.com.au
Tue Jun 8 08:41:30 GMT 2004

On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 10:20:47AM +0200, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> I remember at one time -pthread was completely gone from gcc in
> -CURRENT, why this was reversed I don't know

The reason was that the gcc people want -pthread to be the standard
way of sucking in thread support via their compiler. They intend the
-pthread option to be used across all operating systems, notably
including Linux. We agreed to live with their design, hence -pthread
was brought back.

--
John Birrell