URW Type1 Fonts

Mon Jun 7 11:59:19 GMT 2004

On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 19:17:10 +0200
Jose M Rodriguez <freebsd at wanadoo.es> wrote:

> You can read the docs that come with gs/gsfonts in
> /usr/local/share/ghostscript/fonts
> /usr/local/share/docs/gsfonts
>
> These fonts are REALLY MODIFIED and derived from URW set (in XFree86).
>
> I take my chance on gsfonts thinking that the added Cyrillic glyphs must
> be of interest for russian users.
>
> But I can go backwards and teach gs where are de XFree86 type1 fonts
> installed. (Patch at home and tested against gnu and afpl gs).

I think using the gs version of the fonts is better. The README states
that there are no changes to the latin glyphs and they offer additional
functionality.

I think your work should be committed (at least in principle, I haven't
looked at the patches yet).

Michael, do you want to give the patches a little bit of time in the KDE
build?

Joe, what about the Gnome build?

Bye,
Alexander.

--
           I'm available to get hired (preferred in .lu).