Ports with version numbers going backwards: lang/icc

Oliver Eikemeier eikemeier at fillmore-labs.com
Thu Jun 3 07:25:59 GMT 2004

Alexander Leidinger wrote:

> I'm alittle bit surprised. AFAIR I tested this naming scheme with
> portupgrade several times at the time we started to use it. I haven't
> tested this particular update with portupgrade though.
>
> Any suggestion how to handle this?

An easy test would have been:
  pkg_version -t icc-8.0.066.p067.1 icc-8.0.066_1

Also, the latest version of portlint should warn you, assuming you have
a recent INDEX or run chkversion.

You can either bump PORTEPOCH, which is easy and allows you to basically
count version numbers any way you want (they you don't count), or try

  pkg_version -t icc-8.0.066.0p067.1 icc-8.0.066_1

-Oliver