Ports with version numbers going backwards: lang/icc

Thu Jun 3 07:07:16 GMT 2004

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 17:44:36 -0400 (EDT)
Oliver Eikemeier <eik at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> ** The following ports have a version number that sorts before a previous one **
>
>  For many package tools to work correctly, it is of utmost importance that
>  version numbers of a port form a monotonic increasing sequence over time.
>  Refer to the FreeBSD Porter's Handbook, 'Package Naming Conventions' for
>  more information. Tools that won't work include pkg_version, portupgrade
>  and portaudit. A common error is an accidental deletion of PORTEPOCH.
>
> - *lang/icc* <netchild at FreeBSD.org>: icc-8.0.066.p067.1 < icc-8.0.066_1
>    | revision 1.69
>    | date: 2004/06/02 17:04:54;  author: netchild;  state: Exp;  lines: +1 -2
>    | Update to 8.0.066.p067.1.

I'm alittle bit surprised. AFAIR I tested this naming scheme with
portupgrade several times at the time we started to use it. I haven't
tested this particular update with portupgrade though.

Any suggestion how to handle this?

Bye,
Alexander.

--
           I'm available to get hired (preferred in .lu).