retrieving OpenOffice 1.1 fails

epilogue epilogue at allstream.net
Wed Jul 28 09:15:00 PDT 2004

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 23:16:47 +0800
Erich Dollansky <oceanare at pacific.net.sg> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I try to build OpenOffice-1.1 on FreeBSD 5.2 RELEASE since last Sunday.
>
> Make is not able to download the sources from any of the servers.
>
> I updated the ports tree every day since then and it still does not work.
>
> Are there any other URLs known where to get OpenOffice?

with a little effort googling or digging around in the freebsd.org/ports
section or learning the portupgrade+portdowngrade tools, i am sure that you
will be able to locate the sources.  however, i would suggest saving both
yourself and your machine a lot of time and energy.

1) visit and _bookmark_ http://porting.openoffice.org/freebsd/
2) click the link to packages and find the version for you
3) download and place in /usr/ports/packages/All
4) package_add /path/to/file
5) start working with oo.

epi