FreeBSD Port: mozilla-1.7

Charles and Kimberly Maner ckjmaner at carolina.rr.com
Sun Jul 25 13:32:10 PDT 2004

Hi Joe.  I've attempted to upgrade from Mozilla 1.6 to 1.7 and am running
into problems.  I, too, am running 4.10-RELEASE.  Here's the situation:
Mozilla 1.6 compiled and ran, presumably fine w/o hiccups.  I make
deinstalled it and attempted to make install Mozilla 1.7.  It compiles and
installs, (again presumably), without error.  However, when running it as
root, it generates a segmentation fault and a resulting core dump.  As a
general, non-root user, it generates the common "Error: No running window
found." error but nothing else happens--no Mozilla window, nothing, as
though suspended animation.

Here's a (potential) kicker, Firebird 0.9 make installed and runs just fine,
no problems at all.  Yes, I realize it's only a fraction of Mozilla, but I
believe it contains most of the browser engine of Mozilla.

Anyway, any thoughts/help?  BTW, I followed the advice below in the post
below and no avail--still core dumping for root and no window returned at
all for non-root clients.  (FYI, it was compiled w/virtually no options
checked including optimization flags and still nothing.)

Thanks,
Charles