xemacs port on 5.2-CURRENT

Andrew Heybey ath at niksun.com
Tue Jul 20 11:55:53 PDT 2004

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 12:23:48 -0600 (MDT)
Mac Newbold <mac at dmedia.ws> wrote:

> Today at 12:18pm, Andrew Heybey said:
>
> >It is not just in -CURRENT.  I just had the same problem after doing
> >a portupgrade of xemacs on my 4.9-RELEASE system.
>
> I've got two 4.10-STABLE systems that don't have this problem at all,
> even though I've portupgraded them similarly to the 5.2-CURRENT box.

Beats me.  All I know is that it does not work on my 4.9 box...  I
suppose it could depend somewhat on luck: maybe when you link xemacs on
a 4.10 box (or at least on *your* 4.10 boxes) the variables get laid out
differently in memory so you don't have a problem?

> >Put the attached patch file in the editors/xemacs/files directory.
> >The bug is that src/mem-limits.h is patched by the port to declare
> >the variable "lim_data" as type rlim_t (which is a 64-bit number) but
> >emacs.c still defines it as an int.  I am going to submit a PR.
>
> Thanks a ton! I applied the one-line patch and it works great now.

Glad it works for you!

andrew