FreeBSD Port: mysql-server-4.0.20

Angelo Turetta aturetta at commit.it
Thu Jul 15 08:24:13 PDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christoph Bodner" <christoph.bodner at chello.at>
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2004 8:52 AM

> Therefore, I am forced to reconfigure this for a real-world-mission
> where MySQL tables require much more space than reservered for
> partition "e". Maybe, "/usr/home/mysql" or "/usr/local/mysql" would be
> a better location for the data dictionary of MySQL.

Why don't you simply specify DB_DIR=/what/you/prefer when building
mysqlxx-server ?

If you use portupgrade (who doesn't :-) you can pass it to make using -m
option :
   portupgrade -m "DB_DIR=/what/you/prefer" mysql-server

Or you could add it to the MAKE_ARGS hash in /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf by
adding a line like the following:

   'databases/mysql*' => 'DB_DIR=/what/you/prefer',

this way portupgrade will pass it to make every time it rebuilds the port
for you.

Angelo Turetta
Modena (Italy)