Wine 20040615, Update ?

Fernan Aguero fernan at iib.unsam.edu.ar
Wed Jul 14 07:18:14 PDT 2004

+----[ Drew Broadley <drew at corrupt.co.nz> (13.Jul.2004 19:57):

| Hi,
|
| Just wondering if anyone has a patch or package that works with
| wine20040615.
|
| The thing is, this version has a fix of the Photoshop 7.0 "Success and
| OK button" bug.
|
| Cheers,
| Drew

+----]

Drew,

what version of FreeBSD are you running? According to the
latest 'Wine Weekly News' issue, there are problems with
wine running on recent versions of FreeBSD (-CURRENT and
-STABLE).
http://www.winehq.com/?issue=230

(I'm taking the opportunity to also address the wine
maintainer)

I was just about to install wine for the first time (never
used it before) and started to investigate the program,
extra tools, etc. when I came across this.

I'm intrigued why this didn't come up in the list.
There are a few PRs related to wine
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/62092
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/65812
and to the problems mentioned in the latest WWN issue.

Seems like wine should be marked as BROKEN in FreeBSD > 4.9.

On PR ports/65812, the maintainer says that 'there is little
we can do about it'.

Is there any way we can run wine on FreeBSD 4.x? Perhaps an
older version of wine? Perhaps a linux binary? I'm just not
knowleadgeable about the issues involved here ... and have
not used wine before.

Ideas anyone? Gerald?

Fernan

PS: should we move this discussion to emulation@?

Fernan Aguero -  fernan at iib.unsam.edu.ar
Phone: +54 11 4580-7255/7 ext 310, Fax: +54 11 4752-9639
Check http://genoma.unsam.edu.ar/~fernan for more info.