FreeBSD Port: jdk-1.4.2p6_4

Brandon D. Valentine brandon at dvalentine.com
Mon Jul 12 11:34:49 PDT 2004

On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 12:16:26PM -0300, Joey Mingrone wrote:

> I'm getting the error below when installing this port.  I've seen similar
> questions on some of the mailing lists, but can't tell if this is a problem
> with the port or my setup.  Please let me know if there is anything other
> information I can provide.

Before attempting to build the JDK you must make certain that the linux
and linprocfs KLDs are loaded and you have mounted a linprocfs
filesystem on /compat/linux/proc.  Then start the build.  The jdk14
Makefile wanrs you to do this before beginning the build but should
probably check for this and stop if those conditions are not satisified
as the warning scrolls by pretty quickly.

HTH,

Brandon D. Valentine
--
brandon at dvalentine.com                           http://www.geekpunk.net
Pseudo-Random Googlism:  twenty-one is called a busted hand