Question about portlint WARN/FATAL errors

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Sat Jul 10 13:23:01 PDT 2004

On Saturday 10 July 2004 03:02 pm, Randy Pratt wrote:
> I ran portlint on quite a few existing ports and was quite surprised
> at the amount of WARN and FATAL errors that existed.

portlint is a heuristic tool.  It is quite possible for it to report false
positives.  Also, some ports do things in an "unapproved" way simply
to work around restrictions/bugs in bsd.*.mk.

Having said that, there are a large number of ports that just have bugs.
The problem comes in determining which are which :-)

mcl