portsclean -DD

Conrad J. Sabatier conrads at cox.net
Wed Jul 7 10:25:41 PDT 2004

The man page for portsclean is a little vague on the exact semantics of
using "portsclean -DD".

I understand that -D specified once cleans out any distfiles for ports
which are not currently installed, but specified twice, does it *only*
clean out distfiles that are unreferenced by any port in the tree, or
does it do this in addition to the behavior of the single -D switch?

The reason I ask is that I'd like to share a distfiles directory
between two machines, and I'd like to be able to simply clean out any
distfiles that are unreferenced by any port in the tree without
disturbing the distfiles for any ports that may be installed on either
box.

Thanks.

--
Conrad J. Sabatier <conrads at cox.net> -- "In Unix veritas"