cvsup ports and portupgrade -rva .

Rick Updegrove dislists at updegrove.net
Thu Jan 29 17:53:52 PST 2004

Hello all,

I installed the mailman port today on my dev server and of course it
installed quickly and easily.  Then when I went to install it on the
prod machine it failed.  This leads me to my first question:

[1]
What is the preferred method to keep the installed ports and ports trees
synced between identical servers?  These are both FreeBSD 4.9-STABLE
built on Thu Oct 30 18:26:33 GMT 2003

Back to my second question:

[2]
I noticed the version of mailman was older for some reason so I thought
I would save time by running cvsup first then building it.

cd /usr/src
/usr/local/bin/cvsup -g -L 2 /etc/stable-supfile

(Ports only as you can see)

# My /etc/stable-supfile
*default host=cvsup.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4
*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default compress
#src-all
ports-all tag=.
#doc-all tag=.

When that finished I went to install the mailman port and it still
failed.  So I decided to run portupgrade.

/usr/local/sbin/portupgrade -rva > portupgrade.log

I got a lot of the following errors:
(unknown build error)
(backup error)
(missing header)
(patch error)

portupgrade.log available here

http://64.30.97.117/portupgrade.log

I do not wish to lose the uptime on this thing or I would simply attempt
a complete cvsup and rebuild before asking here.  Any suggestions on how
to fix this mess?

Rick

P.S.  Here is what happened with the mailman port.

root at T-101 /usr/ports/mail/mailman # make deinstall clean
===>  Deinstalling for mail/mailman
===>   mailman not installed, skipping
===>  Cleaning for python-2.3.3
===>  Cleaning for lynx-2.8.4.1d
===>  Cleaning for mailman-2.1.4
root at T-101 /usr/ports/mail/mailman # make
===>  Extracting for mailman-2.1.4
>> Checksum OK for mailman/mailman-2.1.4.tgz.

*SNIP*

Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "./setup.py", line 6, in ?
     import sys, os, getopt, imp, re
ImportError: No module named os
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/lang/python/work/Python-2.3.3.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/lang/python.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/mail/mailman.