NEED TESTERS: e2fsprogs port, new revision

Greg Lewis glewis at eyesbeyond.com
Wed Jan 28 09:12:32 PST 2004

> I have revised the e2fsprogs port, and I think it is about getting ready
> for prime time, so it is looking for more testers than it has had now.
>
> If you have ext2fs file systems from Linux and backed them up, please
> test the e2fsprogs rev02 port from:
>
> http://mandree.home.pages.de/freebsd/e2fsprogs/
>
> and let me know how it goes, EVEN IF IT GOES WELL.
>
> It works fine for me on FreeBSD 4.9 and 5.2, I hope it does for you, but
> have no feedback yet from non-x86 machines.

Doesn't build for me on 4.9-STABLE with ports up to date from a couple of
days ago:

===>  Configuring for e2fsprogs-1.34.w20031207.m02
configure.in:646: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow cross compiling
configure.in:647: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow cross compiling
configure.in:648: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow cross compiling
configure.in:649: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow cross compiling
configure.in:658: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow cross compiling
/usr/local/libexec/autoconf213/autoconf: cannot create configure: permission denied

The distfile seems to unpack with many files read only by default (this
is running as a normal user, not root).

What benefits are there from using a snapshot rather than 1.34 release?

Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis at eyesbeyond.com