Problem with a portlint change

Matthias Andree ma at dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de
Fri Jan 2 17:41:25 PST 2004

Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at freebsd.org> writes:

>>                  if ($cat[0] ne $1 && $makevar{PKGCATEGORY} ne $1 ) {
>>                          &perror("FATAL: $file: category \"$1\" must be
>> listed first");

>> That creates a problem for those of us who check out individual ports
>> directories in $HOME, rather than checking out ports/<category>/<port>.
>> One solution to this problem might be to change the regex to:

Yeah, the "category root must be listed first" that port-tools gave me
on port submit was quite annoying - I was used to copy the port to
root's home directory (NAT'd single-user machine, don't worry) and I got
quite used to "portlint -abcvt | grep -v ^OK:" followed by port submit -L.
(-L for no portlint).

Oh, and checking out ports/CAT/PORT with CVS is not outright fun on my
decrepit Micropolis 4345WS 7,200/min UWSCSI drive, been there, tried
that, and couldn't drink as much coffee as I had time to wait (-:

Thanks for the portlint fix everybody.

--
Matthias Andree