Interchange port update to V 5.0

T Kellers kellers at njit.edu
Thu Jan 1 18:02:52 PST 2004

On Thursday 01 January 2004 01:28 pm, Mark Linimon wrote:
> > Is there an approximate date for upgrading Interchange v4.8 in ports
> > to v5.0.
>
> Short answer: no :-)
>
> Long answer: the FreeBSD ports collection is maintained completely
> by volunteers.  If someone volunteers a patch to update the port,
> it'll get done.  It's no more complicated than that.
>
> Right now the maintainer is set to "ports at FreeBSD.org" which is
> this mailing list -- this is our metatoken for "no maintainer".
>
> So, if you're using the port, you're the logical next person
> to come up with a set of patches :-)
>
> mcl

I just downloaded and installed Interchange 5.0 on my 4.9-STABLE box.

The configure script pretty much just worked.  I've had it running using the
built-in db and PostgresQL 7.3.4 in 2 different installs.  Handling the
origins of the bsdpan files might be a bit tricky.  I'm going to dive into
the porter's handbook and see if I might giving porting Interchange a go.

It is nice sofvtware.

Tim Kellers
CPE/NJIT