postgresql installation DON`T WORK(need gettext)

Scot W. Hetzel hetzelsw at westbend.net
Thu Feb 26 09:35:27 PST 2004

From: "funtik" <funt at alarit.com>
> I has gettext-0.12 and installed postgresql
> Today I am updade ports and try install postgresql dtatbase.(Postgresql
ports
> Makefile have date : 2004/02/05)
> It need gettext-0.13.
> I am reinstall gettext and try install postgresql again:
>
> ===>  Building for postgresql-7.4.1_1
> /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libintl.so.5" not found
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/databases/postgresql7

What does a 'make -V LIB_DEPENDS say, on my FreeBSD-4.x system it shows:

# make -V LIB_DEPENDS
gnugetopt.1:/usr/ports/devel/libgnugetopt intl.6:/usr/ports/devel/gettext

NOTE: on FreeBSD-5.x it only shows a dependancy on the gettext port.

If you don't get the above, then your /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk is out of
date. Make sure you are cvsuping the entire ports collection.

----

I did have a problem building postgresql7 when I set PREFIX to an alternate
location:

    cd /usr/ports/databases/postgresql7
    make build PREFIX=/usr/local2

Since I didn't have either of the libgnugetopt or gettext ports installed,
the PREFIX setting was passed down to these ports and they were installed
into /usr/local2.  This caused the configure stage for postgresql7 to fail,
as it wasn't able to find the libgnugetopt library in /usr/local/lib.  I was
able to solve that problem by setting LOCALBASE to /usr/local2 also.

Otherwise the postgresql7 port built without any problems.

Scot