python-2.3.3 build failing

Noah admin2 at enabled.com
Thu Feb 26 09:28:08 PST 2004

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 11:44:26 -0500, Chuck Swiger wrote
> Noah wrote:
> > FreeBSD-4.9
> >
> > a segmenation fault experienced while building python-2.3.3 - anybody got some
> > clues on this?
>
> For what it's worth, python-2.3.3 built just fine for me under 4.9.
> Is the problem reproducable, or maybe your hardware was flaky?

Yeah I dont have a problem building it on other 4.9 machines either.  seems
rather strange.

Actually we replaced the memory on that machine about a week ago.  with 2GB of
GET/Generic DIMMs.  might that create this issue?

this happens everytime I build python on this machine.

- Noah