python-2.3.3 build failing

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Thu Feb 26 09:03:16 PST 2004

Noah wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 11:44:26 -0500, Chuck Swiger wrote
>> For what it's worth, python-2.3.3 built just fine for me under 4.9.
>> Is the problem reproducable, or maybe your hardware was flaky?
>
> Yeah I dont have a problem building it on other 4.9 machines either.
> seems rather strange.
>
> what hardware should I check?  what could be broken?
> this happens everytime I build python on this machine.

You should look at the config.log to see exactly what was going on when the
segfault happened.  Maybe you have something wrong with one of the GNU
autoconf tools?

Otherwise, try running sysutils/memtest for a day or so and see whether it
provokes your hardware into crashing, in which case you should do the usual--
check cooling, swap memory and other components, etc...

--
-Chuck