how to determine whether a port is a slave port?

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Wed Feb 25 13:32:16 PST 2004

Oliver Eikemeier wrote:

> Since FreshPorts is having problems with that too, I suggest that
> a port is a slave port if and only if MASTERDIR is set, and to let
> us fix the other ports. That would make it easier for portlint too.

Yes, FreshPorts has no way of knowing that port X is a slave of port
Y.  Which means it has no way of knowing to refresh the slave port
information when the master port is updated.

FWIW"  Some ports also do an include of the master port.  IIRC, I
found at least four methods used to implement slave ports.

--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/
BSDCan - http://www.bsdcan.org/