Global ports customization

Rodion Novoselov rodion at rndex.ru
Mon Feb 23 15:46:14 PST 2004

On 2004-02-23 at 18:16, Will Andrews wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 01:57:34AM +0300, Rodion Novoselov wrote:
> > It's right. But I'm used to keeping the collection in the non-standard
> > place and therefore I'm made to define PORTSDIR on my own in the only
> > possible place - /etc/make.conf. So, again, PORTSDIR will always be
> > defined :-)
>
> You can change PORTSDIR conditionally too.  ;)
>
> Regards,
> --
> wca

I sad, It's sure not to work. Make.conf is included from bsd.sys.mk,
therefore the actual sequence of definitions will be like this:

# it came around from /etc/make.conf first
.if defined(PORTSDIR)
PORTSDIR= /foo/bar
.endif

# and it came from /usr/share/mk/bsd.port.mk later
PORTSDIR?= /usr/ports

And it's proved to set PORTSDIR to /usr/ports instead of /foo/bar :-(