Firefox hangs on start.

Luis Neves lneves at netcabo.pt
Thu Feb 19 04:55:19 PST 2004

Hello all,
I've installed the firefox browser(0.8), but it hangs every time I try to
run it... no dumps, no messages, nothing... it just sits there consuming
100% CPU.
If I change libmap.conf to use libthr it doesn't hang but it doesn't work
either, I get : "Bus error (core dumped)"

I had no problems running mozilla-firebird, and I have no clue as to why
this happens. Can anyone give me so help/ideas on how to diagnose this?

Some info:
Using SHED_ULE.
No optional flags were given to the firefox port.

$ uname -a
FreeBSD wasp.netcabo.pt 5.2-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT #0: Thu Feb 19
08:54:28 WET 2004     root at wasp.netcabo.pt:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/WASPKERNEL
i386

$ cat /etc/libmap.conf
# /etc/libmap.conf
#
# candidate             mapping
#
#libc_r.so.5             libthr.so.1     # Everything uses 'libthr'
#libc_r.so               libthr.so

libc_r.so.5             libkse.so.1    # Everything uses 'libkse'
libc_r.so               libkse.so

# Flash6 with Mozilla/Firebird/Galeon/Epiphany
[/usr/local/lib/linux-flashplugin6/libflashplayer.so]
libpthread.so.0                 liblthread.so.3
libdl.so.2                      pluginwrapper/flash6.so
libz.so.1                       libz.so.2
libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3        liblstdc++.so.4
libm.so.6                       libm.so.2
libc.so.6                       pluginwrapper/flash6.so

# Acrobat with Mozilla/Firebird/Galeon/Epiphany
#[/usr/local/Acrobat5/Browsers/intellinux/nppdf.so]
#libc.so.6                      pluginwrapper/acrobat.so

$ cat /etc/make.conf
CPUTYPE=athlon-xp
CFLAGS= -O -pipe
COPTFLAGS= -O -pipe