www/flashpluginwrapper

Simon Barner barner at in.tum.de
Wed Feb 18 03:29:01 PST 2004

Adam Weinberger wrote:
> Please reconsider removing flashpluginwrapper. I find it ludicrous that
> I should have to manually apply a patch every time I want to update my
> system. As flashpluginwrapper works, there is no harm in allowing it to
> remain in the tree until such time as -STABLE actually support
> linuxpluginwrapper.
>
> This port is not deprecated. It is still of use to those of us who don't
> wish to be manually applying patches to src all the time.

Hi,

I think you are referring to the libmap patch, that had to applied
manually to FreeBSD -stable, before libmap had been MFC'ed on Feb 3rd:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/libexec/rtld-elf/libmap.c

So, I guess that's the reason why flashpluginwrapper was marked
deprecated. Perhaps the comment in the Makefile should be a bit more
verbose and mention that libmap in -stable >= 490102.

Simon