your mail

Andrew J Caines A.J.Caines at halplant.com
Tue Feb 17 15:01:32 PST 2004

Kris Kennaway said...
> The null program has been ported to every OS and architecture that has
> or will ever be produced.

FreeBSD's null implementation has been shown in several independent
benchmark tests to run faster than all other tested platforms and fully
supports the null specification.

The Linux null implementation run under emulation has been reported to
run faster than the native version on similar hardware, however these
reports have not been well substantiated and have been vigorously
challenged by a number of Anonymous Cowards.

Microsoft have recently announced that they will be the first to bring
null technology to the computing world with the first release of MS
Nothing version 8.0 SP6, available in early 2010 for whatever they are
calling the latest tarted up version of Windows at the time. License terms
have not been disclosed, but have been unofficially reported to be as
little as one soul per seat.

SCO has filed suit in California against various orphans, humanitarian
charities, homeless persons and the deceased for the infringement of their
UNIX[TM] System V[TM] Null technology intellectual property, obtained from
Caldera, obtained from obtained from Novell, [...], obtained from BSD. SCO
CEO issued a press statement saying "I am taking my null and going home".

-Andrew-