Ports with duplicate LATEST_LINKS

Laurent LEVIER llevier at argosnet.com
Tue Feb 17 11:47:33 PST 2004

Hi Gentlemen,

It is really a brute force attack tool to obtain passwords.
A password cracker (as Crack, John the Ripper, ...) but oriented to work
over the network.

Hydra does password cracking against SMB (Windows), telnet, POP/IMAP, FTP, ...
It does dictionnary attacks as simple password generation algorithms.

I use that in my company to evaluate passwords quality when I am not
granted to crack the passwords directly from the box.
If I succeed, bad point for the box owner ;-)

@+

Laurent LEVIER

Systems & Networks Security Expert, CISSP CISM